To register your pool in NSW, you will need to complete the online form on the NSW Government's website: http://www.swimmingpoolregister.nsw.gov.au/pooldb/pgOwnerLanding
- Step 1 - enter your email address
- Step 2 - click on the link in the email to go to the registration page.
- Step 3 - answer the four questions by choosing the answer the best matches your swimming pool.
- Step 4 - depending on the information you enter, the relevant pool safety checklist will be provided
- Step 5 - inspect your pool using the checklist provided.
- Step 6 - complete the registration form and a registration certificate will provided to confirm that your pool is now on the NSW Swimming Pool Register.
Taking the time to register your pool will help to make your pool as safe as it can be.
Remember to take the time to check that your child resistant barrier/pool fence is properly maintained.
When can your swimming pool be inspected?
- Your pool can generally be inspected in the following circumstances:
- when the inspection is compulsory because of the property type (ie multi-occupancy or tourist and visitor accommodation).
- as part of a council’s locally adopted inspection program.
- before your property can be sold or leased (Note: this only applies from 29 April 2015). at your request.
A council officer will contact you and make an appointment to inspect your pool if you are subject to either 1 or 2 above.
You will need to engage a private pool certifier or your local council if you require a pool compliance certificate for either 3 or 4 above.